Thursday, July 8, 2010

Laurel Baker / Roosevelt High School

Dave Filer and I dated for 4 - 5 years all thru high school. He contacted me a few years ago and I hadn't heard from him since we broke up after high school. So needless to say this was such a shock to hear from him.
He was dying of LuGericks Disease and wanted to ( I am sure ) close some chapters in his life.
We had a pretty tight group of friends in high school that were inseparable.
So when Dave called me with the bad new of his disease ( which by the way was such a shock for me to hear from him after all these years ). I decided to get our old group together to honor Dave and say our final goodbyes. Dave was living in Tusan, AZ so we had to get created. I hired a photographer and video taped the whole party along with special private messages from each friend who attended my party in honor of Dave.
It touched him deeply. He died a few months later but I was able to be his ray of sunshine via the telephone after all these years of not communicating with him . We tried to talk regularly.
My husband of 27 plus years was a gem thru this all and very supportive of me being there for Dave.
This was such a blessing to me to be able to bring Joy to him in his last days.

Laurel Baker

1 comment:

  1. OSA an online schools directory for the schools in India where you will find a lots for school which are making their admissions forms onlineavailable for admission.
    List of schools for which you can apply for school admission online.
    ITL public school
    Sam International School
    ITL PUBLIC SCHOOL
    Dwarka International School
    Pragati Public School
    R D Rajpal Public School
    INDRAPRASTHA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
    MRV School
    Spring Meadows Public School

    ReplyDelete